Pixel format not accelerated error

Discussion in 'Unmodified Minecraft Client Support' started by stefvanschie, Jan 16, 2016.

1. stefvanschie

stefvanschie New user

Hello,
    Yesterday I installed windows 10 on my pc. After that my Minecraft stops working. Everytime I clicked "Play" it gave me this error:
    Code:
    ---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // Don't do that.

Time: 16-1-16 11:05
    Description: Initializing game

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated
        at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)
        at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)
        at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:247)
        at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:306)
        at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:848)
        at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:757)
        at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:739)
        at ave.ap(SourceFile:534)
        at ave.am(SourceFile:363)
        at ave.a(SourceFile:310)
        at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:124)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
    Stacktrace:
        at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)
        at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)
        at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:247)
        at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:306)
        at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:848)
        at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:757)
        at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:739)
        at ave.ap(SourceFile:534)
        at ave.am(SourceFile:363)

-- Initialization --
    Details:
    Stacktrace:
        at ave.a(SourceFile:310)
        at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:124)

-- System Details --
    Details:
        Minecraft Version: 1.8.9
        Operating System: Windows 10 (amd64) version 10.0
        Java Version: 1.8.0_66, Oracle Corporation
        Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
        Memory: 65705808 bytes (62 MB) / 159649792 bytes (152 MB) up to 1060372480 bytes (1011 MB)
        JVM Flags: 6 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xmx1G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn128M
        IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
        Launched Version: 1.8.9
        LWJGL: 2.9.4
        OpenGL: ~~ERROR~~ RuntimeException: No OpenGL context found in the current thread.
        GL Caps:
        Using VBOs: No
        Is Modded: Probably not. Jar signature remains and client brand is untouched.
        Type: Client (map_client.txt)
        Resource Packs:
        Current Language: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null
        Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
        CPU: <unknown>
    I already followed the insturctions from mojangs support page (uninstalling drivers, reinstalling them). Tried to update my drivers. Deleted java and reinstalled it, removed my .minecraft folder, I deleted minecraft and reinstalled it (the minecraft.msi), tried running minecraft runtime (the minecraft.exe), tried running the alternative minecraft runtime, and tried to run the other minecraft (minecraft.jar). All this without succes. I'm basically out of ideas right now.
    Any help would be appreciated.

3. KingDarren7203

KingDarren7203 Regular user

You need to get Minecraft windows 10 edition. It is made specificly for windows 10. Only windows 10 edition works on windows 10. You can get it for free here:
    Windows 10 Minecraft

4. stefvanschie

stefvanschie New user

Minecraft and Minecraft Windows 10 Edition is not the same. Minecraft Windows 10 edition looks more like minecraft PE then minecraft PC.

5. KingDarren7203

I am aware of that but unfortunately it is the only platform that will work on windows 10. It is a little different, but it still is Minecraft.

6. stefvanschie

stefvanschie New user

Yes, but Minecraft without Multiplayer and I really need it to test my plugins and I know other people can get it to work with normal Minecraft.

7. KingDarren7203

The only thing you could do is downgrade windows so Minecraft will work again. Sorry it won't work for you.:(

8. WiZe

WiZe Moderator Staff Member

Minecraft works fine on Windows 10 and you don't have to get the Windows 10 edition...

Just update your graphic card driver and try to update LWJGLE