No Hostile Mobs.... WHY!!!

Husky808

New user
I was recording yesterday and noticed my mob drop wasn't working, so I added more levels to it and still nothing, my traps weren't working as well. I then decided to travel around and look for some mobs to kill so that I could enchant some items and ... nothing. no mobs at all! not even in the caves! so I looked up why they would not spawn and it turns out its very uncommon to happen. Most people said its because I have more mobs spawning un caves around the area I was located but that wasn't the issue. I had ZERO mobs spawning in my world. The only mobs that spawned were pigs..... PIGS! Of all things, so I killed a large quantity and ended up with a couple of stacks of pork chops but still no sign of any hostile mobs! Eventually I gave in and started a new world and its working perfectly. Which sadly means I had to re-construct all my traps and mob drops... and a new base. I will be Putting the new video up soon, just waiting for it to render now.

Has anyone else had the same issue with no Hostile Mobs spawning.. at all?

CaptAdric

Forum Moderator
in which case it may have just been a buggy world. as you stated you started a new world and t was all fine. I had this once before and I just started a new world on the same seed and used:
McEdit to transfer my builds over.

McEdit: http://www.mcedit.net/

[AH] Discord Widget