Tears of Fear Public Vanilla Minecraft Server

Shadolance

New user
We are a public Survival PvP server for hardcore Vanilla players! The server is rapidly expanding, so many updates including new plugins and extra server slots are on the way! The more players we get, the more plugins, RAM, bandwidth, and cool commands we will add to the server.

Address: 198.50.171.72:25565

===============Votifier Pages===============
http://www.planetminecraft.com/server/tears-of-fear/
http://www.mineservers.net/servers/1602
http://mineservers.com/server/28849/view/198-50-171-72

Voting earns you three free diamonds PER DAY on EACH site!

We have an emblem common throughout the server!

=============== Notables===============
-Private TS3 for users once you log into the server
-Admin shop and several towns built for ease of access!
-Vanilla PvP Survival
-Residence plugin to protect your own stuff
-Essentials and Modifyworld
-iConomy system enabled!
-YouTube channel for the server's new series, "Minecraft HD" starting up in October!
-Authentication plugin for protection!
-Anti griefing plugins enabled for world protection
-CreeperHeal for protection from creeper and other blasts
-Much, much more, and still more to come as we gain more players!

Check out our promotional video and several of our screenshots from ingame! All of these were built BY players, FOR players in survival!

There are a lot more images available upon request, if this post gets light, I will be thrilled to post more! If you have any questions, please contact me on our TS3 or YouTube channel!
YouTube Channel Link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbs1iDIJ5jf2yQ-j4JuU-IQ
TS3 Information is available in the spawn house of our server!​

CaptAdric

Forum Moderator
Hello, I've just played on your server and I'd like to give you some professional feedback been a server owner myself for almost a year along with 3 years of making and helping servers develop. I will also give my verdict on the server as of this post (28/8/14 at 12:00 GMT (24hrs clock) )

firstly going from your post. the Ip address isn't visible to me I'd recommend you change the colour of the ip addrss part to a more readable colour. also some labels on your images stating what they are would also help.

now to the server itself

when I first joined i had a stone tool set (default on essentials config.yml) along with a golden shovel, is this an error because it seems like one. then I went to the warp help which had signs written in all capitals which made it harder to read compared to normal text for me as its all rather large (but thats up to you what you do there). then I did my normal hacker info test which attempts to get information on what plugins you run along with the craftbukkit version which helps a lot when been a game hacker (don't worry I'm not one). these commands are /? /ver /version /pl /plugins and all worked for a default player (not good). i could find out every plugin you had on the server with ease.

Evidence:

as for the builds they won't the worst I've seen but could be improved. here's my verdict

Spawn

confusion: 2/10 (pretty low / hard to get confused)
build quality: 6/10

Server Quality

protection (builds): 8/10
protection (command): 2/10

overall: 6/10

would I play on the server if I had time: maybe (but I would just to see how its doing / improvements)

Shadolance

New user
Hello, I've just played on your server and I'd like to give you some professional feedback been a server owner myself for almost a year along with 3 years of making and helping servers develop. I will also give my verdict on the server as of this post (28/8/14 at 12:00 GMT (24hrs clock) )

firstly going from your post. the Ip address isn't visible to me I'd recommend you change the colour of the ip addrss part to a more readable colour. also some labels on your images stating what they are would also help.

now to the server itself

when I first joined i had a stone tool set (default on essentials config.yml) along with a golden shovel, is this an error because it seems like one. then I went to the warp help which had signs written in all capitals which made it harder to read compared to normal text for me as its all rather large (but thats up to you what you do there). then I did my normal hacker info test which attempts to get information on what plugins you run along with the craftbukkit version which helps a lot when been a game hacker (don't worry I'm not one). these commands are /? /ver /version /pl /plugins and all worked for a default player (not good). i could find out every plugin you had on the server with ease.

Evidence:

as for the builds they won't the worst I've seen but could be improved. here's my verdict

Spawn

confusion: 2/10 (pretty low / hard to get confused)
build quality: 6/10

Server Quality

protection (builds): 8/10
protection (command): 2/10

overall: 6/10

would I play on the server if I had time: maybe (but I would just to see how its doing / improvements)
We actually are already finishing up the new spawn, this one is only temporary (the server is 2 months old), and we will be swapping over within the month of September. The new one is FAR grander and very linear, so it is near impossible to get confused. I was aware of the /plugins command being available, I had originally decided to leave it on but after changing my mind a few weeks ago I totally forgot to turn that off, thanks for the heads up, it's off now. As for changing to color of the IP address, I will be as soon as I post this update, thanks for the notice on that as well! I appreciate the honest feedback, if there's anything more you can add please let me know!

NOTE - the Golden shovel is intentional. It is for a plugin called Residence that we have, you can also get another by doing /kit tools. We decided to keep the basic tools kit with only the gold shovel addition since it works well for us.

CaptAdric

Forum Moderator
We actually are already finishing up the new spawn, this one is only temporary (the server is 2 months old), and we will be swapping over within the month of September. The new one is FAR grander and very linear, so it is near impossible to get confused. I was aware of the /plugins command being available, I had originally decided to leave it on but after changing my mind a few weeks ago I totally forgot to turn that off, thanks for the heads up, it's off now. As for changing to color of the IP address, I will be as soon as I post this update, thanks for the notice on that as well! I appreciate the honest feedback, if there's anything more you can add please let me know!

NOTE - the Golden shovel is intentional. It is for a plugin called Residence that we have, you can also get another by doing /kit tools. We decided to keep the basic tools kit with only the gold shovel addition since it works well for us.

glad I could help, if you want me to do a similar feedback again when your server is fully up just tell me and I'd be happy to. Good luck :)

[AH] Discord Widget