Starting a server [WITHOUT HAMACHI]

Anonymous

Regular user
Forum Supporter
I will update it later with more information and more... uhmph if you know what I mean.

Gr3atsaga

New user
First things first. Download bukkit. You can find the latest version of bukkit here.
After you've downloaded CraftBukkit (or bukkit for short), create a folder on your desktop, (name doesn't matter) and drag the downloaded bukkit into the folder. Rename the craftbukkit file to "server.jar"
Now, create a text document and type in
Code:
Please, Log in or Register to view codes content!
Then save it as "Start Server.bat" (NOTE: IT HAS TO BE A .BAT FILE)
Then run your server. Congratz, it's started.
Now, go to "run" and type in "cmd". Click enter, and on CMD type "ipconfig" and for the IP4V address, put that into your internet browser, login as an administrator, and portforward using the ports 25565. To find your servers IP, goto http://www.whatismyip.com and that is what IP people will use to connect to your server.
~Isabell
I'm confused, is this a tutorial on how to host a simple minecraft server without Hamachi, or is this a tutorial on how to host a bukkit server? If it is the latter, you should specify that in the title or your thread. Hosting a Minecraft server is as easy as downloading the server jar file from the website, running it once so that it creates the eula text, changing the eula to true, and then running it again - and of course alternatively, you can run through a batch file.

[AH] Discord Widget