New Vanilla Survival Server

Hi there! My name is Kieran and I am the new owner of a survival vanilla server with a few close friends of mine! As a world, I have personally played vigorously over its opening period in order to ensure a gorgeous spawn region for myself and the other players; although my friends appear not to be greatly active on the server! I'm looking for other players who like to build/create on a large scale in survival minecraft and don't allow a time constraint to affect them! Technical farms and gorgeous bases should rule the 'hermitcraft like' styled server. If you are interested in join the vanilla server, please drop me an email at [email protected] or add me on Skype: CodeRedCreeper and we can discuss further development of the server and it's players. 18+

(Ps. Server is currently in game version 1.8.9 but the choice whether to update the server or not is up for discussion.)

Gr3atsaga

New user
You know, you and I are a lot alike. We run a server where we have great ambition to do great things on it, and yet, our friends hardly play on it :p. My friends basically think that I have gone too far, that I have somehow destroyed survival in Minecraft. I don't call my server Luxury Survival for nothing, it is indeed a very luxurious survival experience. I haven't met anyone who has enough creativity and the mindset to keep up with my ambitions on my server. Everyone in the end just can't see it. They love building things in creative, but then I tell them... why don't you build these things in Survival? To which they have no response. In fact I have told them, go off somewhere and build a Museum. Plan it, and build a giant Museum where you can build these things that you like building in Creative. We could have viewing platforms, and every build can have a very large glassed off canvas, and it could just be so awesome. But no... sadly, no one wants to. And there are some things I have built thus far that people just don't get. Like a really big circular Nether Portal at spawn. It's huge. When you come out of the nether, you do get stuck inside, because obviously to make it circular you have to have blocks around it. But all you have to do is hop out of it. One of my friends actually got angry that we built the portal that way - they just can't see the vision.

What's funny is, most of them can't understand why we have really big plans for big buildings and stuff at spawn, and yet we have a seperate base elsewhere. Some actually think it is our main base because we have buildings there, but that is simply not true. Spawn is just that. Spawn is not a base, it is a refuge for new players, or those that have died and have no where else to go. While there might be a few Technical Farms at Spawn, that is mainly so that when you are at spawn, there are resources. If you need things, it is there for you. Survival Minecraft is not all about surviving. Creative Minecraft isn't seperate from survival. Creative Mode is a mode where creativity is the only thing to worry about. But that doesn't mean that Survival mode cannot have a creative tone to it. Once you surpass a certain point in Survival, what left is there to do than to actually start being creative with it?

Last edited:

Sherri

New user
You know, you and I are a lot alike. We run a server where we have great ambition to do great things on it, and yet, our friends hardly play on it :p. My friends basically think that I have gone too far, that I have somehow destroyed survival in Minecraft. I don't call my server Luxury Survival for nothing, it is indeed a very luxurious survival experience. I haven't met anyone who has enough creativity and the mindset to keep up with my ambitions on my server. Everyone in the end just can't see it. They love building things in creative, but then I tell them... why don't you build these things in Survival? To which they have no response. In fact I have told them, go off somewhere and build a Museum. Plan it, and build a giant Museum where you can build these things that you like building in Creative. We could have viewing platforms, and every build can have a very large glassed off canvas, and it could just be so awesome. But no... sadly, no one wants to. And there are some things I have built thus far that people just don't get. Like a really big circular Nether Portal at spawn. It's huge. When you come out of the nether, you do get stuck inside, because obviously to make it circular you have to have blocks around it. But all you have to do is hop out of it. One of my friends actually got angry that we built the portal that way - they just can't see the vision.

What's funny is, most of them can't understand why we have really big plans for big buildings and stuff at spawn, and yet we have a seperate base elsewhere. Some actually think it is our main base because we have buildings there, but that is simply not true. Spawn is just that. Spawn is not a base, it is a refuge for new players, or those that have died and have no where else to go. While there might be a few Technical Farms at Spawn, that is mainly so that when you are at spawn, there are resources. If you need things, it is there for you. Survival Minecraft is not all about surviving. Creative Minecraft isn't seperate from survival. Creative Mode is a mode where creativity is the only thing to worry about. But that doesn't mean that Survival mode cannot have a creative tone to it. Once you surpass a certain point in Survival, what left is there to do than to actually start being creative with it?

Sherri

New user
I know this post is a year late... but you sound wonderful! I wish I could see some of your builds.

Gr3atsaga

New user
I know this post is a year late... but you sound wonderful! I wish I could see some of your builds.
Actually, I'm still active! I could send you some pictures of some of my builds, but there are going to be new ones. A few friends and I started up a big SMP server that currently has about 5 other active players for a total of 9. There are other people in our group, just not as active. We are trying to make it Hermitcraft like, but our own. We are called TheImmortalAlliance and we call each other Immortals :p. I was going to record things, but after two episodes I realized its not really what I want to do with my time. I just wanna enjoy the game with friends.

Also, not sure how dedicated a player you are, but we are looking for more players if you are interested.

[AH] Discord Widget