Launcher | Help please

vlad2000andrei

New user
Hey,

I am running MineCraft on an Intel HP 250 G1 Notebook Laptop, using Windows 7 Ultimate and Java Runtime Environment 8. I know it works because my sister has the exact same setup and the game runs smooth.

What basically happens is:
  • I start the launcher and select the profile
  • I log in
  • I click "PLAY"
  • The green bar fills up and the launcher doesn't disappear. For a fraction of a sec ond the game appears but it instantly disappears again.
NOTE: Using Java 7 updates 55 and 51 the launcher disappears after clicking play and reappears seconds later.

No error window pops up, but the launcher log says this:

[08:48:59 ERROR]: Couldn't launch game
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe" (in directory "C:\Users\Vlad\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft"): CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0]
at net.minecraft.launcher.process.JavaProcessLauncher.start(JavaProcessLauncher.java:28) ~[launcher.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launcher.GameLauncher.launchGame(GameLauncher.java:312) [launcher.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launcher.GameLauncher.onDownloadJobFinished(GameLauncher.java:627) [launcher.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launcher.updater.download.DownloadJob.popAndDownload(DownloadJob.java:120) [launcher.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launcher.updater.download.DownloadJob.access$000(DownloadJob.java:12) [launcher.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launcher.updater.download.DownloadJob$1.run(DownloadJob.java:89) [launcher.jar:?]
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0]
Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0]
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0]
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0]
... 12 more

Things i already tried:
  1. Reinstalling Java - I tried Java 7 Update 55, Java 7 Update 51 and Java 8.
  2. Deleting and re-downloading Roaming/AppData/.minecraft
  3. Deleting and re-downloading the Minecraft launcher
  4. Running the game as Administrator
  5. Installing the latest HP drivers for my Graphics Card (which BTW is an Intel HD Graphics 4000 Card)
If ANYBODY knows something that can help with this problem, please reply to the thread.
Thanks in advance,
Vlad ;)

Kevin Kuehn

New user
That program is looking for Java in your .minecraft folder, and obviously it isn't there. You need to somehow configure minecraft to look at the real Java folder, sorry but I don't know how to do that. Maybe you could install java into your .minecraft?

[AH] Discord Widget